The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act requires employees with access to Protected Health Information (PHI) to receive training to ensure that they understand the correct privacy and security practices associated with PHI. This includes staff members of any clinical, housekeeping, dietary, clerical, and contract workers. Anyone who has direct or indirect access to patients’ PHI needs HIPAA training.
CFISA’s HIPAA and Cyber Security Awareness Employee Training course combines HIPAA compliance lessons and Cyber Security Awareness Training. This powerful training tool not only educates your employees on PHI requirements and stated law, it also expands their knowledge of best practices of how to reduce risk and protect your organization from cyber threats.
- The Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- 2009 HITECH Act and 2013 Omnibus Rule
- HIPAA Privacy Rule including definitions of relevant terms
- Privacy Rule requirements, covered entities and authorization
- Use and disclosure of PHI
- HIPAA Security Rule including important safeguards such as confidentiality, security and integrity
- Physical and electronic access controls to protect patient health information
- Cybercrime and top security threats
- HIPAA security and integrity safeguards
- Day to day security best practices
- Breach reporting along with consequences for non-compliance
- Creating strong passwords to increase security
- Recognizing social engineering
- Phishing and email best practices
- Protecting your personal workspace
Format : 8 Lessons Course. Total time: 53:30 self-paced training through Caro & Co. Formation LMS. You will receive your login credential after your payment.